Students, faculty and staff have access to Office suite through their Office 365 account.
Downloading Office Suite from your Office 365 account:
1. Open your web browser and login to your VCSU Email - https:// email.vcsu.edu
NOTE- Office 365 email login requires the use of Duo Mobile authentication. If you have not registered for Duo Mobile, you can refer to these documents: Duo Mobile on Iphone/iPad or Duo Mobile on Android.
2. On the Office home page, click the Waffle grid on the top left hand corner. Then, click on the Office 365 link.
3. Click Install Office, and select the first drop down item.
This will download the Office 365 file. Once the download has completed, open your Finder, and go to Downloads, and double click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name may vary slightly).
Installing Office 365:
1. On the installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
2. Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
3. Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
4. Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue, and then Install.
5. Enter your Mac login password (if prompted), and then click Install Software.
The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished.
1. Click on the Launchpad icon.
2. Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
3. The What's New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating.
4. Sign in with: email@example.com - Password: Blackboard password
Pin the Office App to the dock:
1. Go to Finder > Applications and open the Office app you want.
2. In the Dock, Control+click or right-click the app icon and choose Options > Keep in Dock.