Students, faculty and staff have access to Office suite through their Office 365 account.
Downloading Office Suite from your Office 365 account:
1. Open your web browser and login to your VCSU Email:https:// email.vcsu.edu
NOTE- Office 365 email login requires the use of Duo Mobile authentication. If you have not registered for Duo Mobile, you can refer to these documents: Duo Mobile on Iphone/iPad or Duo Mobile on Android.
2. On the Office home page, click the Waffle grid on the top left hand corner. Then, click on the Office 365 link.
3. Click Install Office, and select the first drop down item.
This will download the Office 365 file. Once the download has completed, open your Downloads folder and double click Microsoft Office installer.exe file (the name may vary slightly).
Installing Office 365:
1. Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or IE), Setup (in Chrome) or Save File (in Firefox).
NOTE-If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The installation will begin and you will see a progress bar.
Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
1. From the Start, search for your Office app.IE: Word.
2. Open the app.
Sign in with: email@example.com . Password: Blackboard password
NOTE- Office 365 requires the use of Duo Mobile authentication. If you have not registered for Duo Mobile, you can refer to these documents: Duo Mobile on Iphone/iPad or Duo Mobile on Android.
Pin Office apps to your taskbar:
1. From Start, search for your Office app.
2. Press and hold (or right click) an app, and then select More > Pin to taskbar.