Export bookmarks in Chrome:
1. Open up Chrome.
2. Click on Bookmarks un the upper left hand corner of the browser.
3. In the Bookmark settings, select the Menu (three dots on top right hand corner). Select Export bookmarks.
4. Enter a name and select where you want the file to be exported. Click Save.
Export bookmarks in Firefox:
1. Click the Library button
2. Click Bookmarks. Scroll to the bottom and click Show all Bookmarks.
3. From the toolbar on the Library window, click Import and Backup and choose Export Bookmarks to HTML.
In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
3. Click the Save button.
Export bookmarks in Safari:
1. Open the Finder window and navigate to Home Directory>Library>Safari.
2. Hold down the option key and drag the Bookmarks.plist file to another location. By holding down the option key, you ensure that a copy is made and that the original stays in the default location.
The alternate way to back up the Bookmarks.plist file is to right-click the file and select Compress "Bookmarks.plist from the pop-up menu. This will create a file named Bookmarks.plist.zip, which you can move anywhere on your Mac without affecting the original.