Each cardholder is responsible for the following activities:
- Safeguard the purchasing card.
- Sign the purchasing card immediately upon receipt.
- Activate your purchasing card by
- Calling the Purchasing Card Center Customer Service Department at 1-800-270-7760.
- Select '1' for english
- Enter 16 digit card number
- Enter the last 4 digit employee ID#
- Keep original itemized receipts from each purchase.
- Print Statement of Account report to attest that all purchases are for VCSU business and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Forward the signed purchasing card envelope with coding, JPMorgan electronic statement and original itemized receipts to your supervisor.
- Notify the Purchasing Card Administrator and the supervisor immediately in the event of a lost or stolen purchasing card.
- Give the purchasing card to the supervisor or Purchasing Card Administrator when employment is terminated.
- Resolve transaction disputes in a timely manner with JPMorgan Customer Service. The Purchasing Card Administrator should be notified of any disputed items that the cardholder has not been able to resolve.
Policy and procedure violations include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing items with the card for personal use
- Failure to return the card when reassigned, terminated, or upon request
- Failure to submit original itemized receipts/invoices to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Transferring assignment of the card to another individual
- Using the card on Internet Auctions sites, such as EBAY
- Repeatedly allowing sales tax to be charged when the purchases are tax exempt. Whenever the card is used, please inform the vendor that it is a tax exempt sale. NOTE: VCSU's tax exempt number is embossed on each purchasing card
A purchasing card is:
- Purchasing authority delegated by VCSU management to individual VCSU employees
- For official Valley City State University use only
- Authorized for purchases of $1000 and under, some exceptions apply
- Authorized for use with only certain categories of merchants
A purchasing card is NOT:
- A means to avoid appropriate procurement or payment procedures
- A means to access cash or a line of credit
- For use with interdepartmental billing (IDB)
- A right of employment
- For personal use
Purchasing Card Security
- The purchasing card is to be treated with the same level of care that is afforded personal credit cards.
- Do not lend the purchasing card to anyone. The only person authorized to use the card is the person whose name appears on the front of the card and who has completed the Purchasing Card Application and Use Agreement forms.
- Do not post or write the purchasing card account number in any location that is accessible to others.
- Take additional care when using the card to purchase thru the Internet. Only use internet sites that have an indication that they are a secure sight, such as the padlock located on the lower right. Purchasing card can not be used on Internet Auction sites, such as EBAY.
For more information, please contact:
VCSU Business Office