Valley City State University is a public, regional university offering exceptional programs in an active, learner-centered community that promotes meaningful scholarship, ethical service, and the skilled use of technology. As an important knowledge resource, the University offers programs and outreach that enrich the quality of life in North Dakota and beyond. Through flexible, accessible, and innovative baccalaureate and master’s programs, VCSU prepares students to succeed as educators, leaders, and engaged citizens in an increasingly complex and diverse society. (Approved by SBHE 9.25.2013)
As an innovative university, we deliver distinctive, learner-centered experiences.
- Deliver a quality educational experience in an engaging, innovative culture and a technology-enhanced environment.
- Serve the best interests of our students, region, and society.
- Lead effectively in applying information media technologies for learning.
- Promote the appreciation of diversity and inclusion to enrich the quality of thought, discussion, and learning.
- Award degrees in education, business, and the liberal arts and sciences.
Student-Focused: We place students at the center of all discussions.
Innovative: We try new things to help create the future.
Learning-Centered: We develop and sustain a culture of lifelong learning.
Collaboration: We work synergistically to advance our mission.
Engaged: We actively participate in the work of the university.
Revised: February 2014
Revised: October 2017