- Log in to YuJa (vcsu.yuja.com) or click on the YuJa menu item in your Blackboard course. See Accessing Yuja
Instructors: Please make sure to log in to Yuja through Blackboard and use a course that you are an instructor in first to create your YuJa account properly. Using a course that you are a student in OR using the "Outside of Blackboard" method first, will result in your account being created with student-based permissions.
ACCESSING THE SOFTWARE STATION
- Navigate to Create Recording at the top of the screen. If Yuja is not already installed on your computer, See Installing Yuja on PC / MAC
- Select Software Capture and click Start. The installed copy of Software Capture will open on the computer. If Yuja is not already installed on your computer, click Download and install.
*Download facilitates access to downloads of Software Capture for Mac or PC.
STARTING YOUR RECORDING
- Select the desired Course from the drop down box if desired.
- Enter a Title and Description.
- Click Save to select a Save destination for your media.
- Choose Share to select a Channel for Live Streaming or publishing your media.
- Make any necessary recording selections, including video, audio, screen, and whether or not to live stream your capture. In order to live stream your capture, you must have selected a Channel via the Share button above.
- Save your settings for future use if desired by clicking on Profile and entering a Save As name.
RECORDING YOUR CAPTURE
- Review the Preview to check the webcam, screen captures and audio.
- Press the Start button to begin your capture. When you press the Start button, you’ll have three seconds before recording begins. Use this time to bring up your files or presentation material on-screen, if you’re capturing your screen. Proceed with your recording – try to speak clearly and naturally!
- Stop your recording by clicking on the YuJa Mini-bar or pressing Ctrl+Shift+F, the default hotkey sequence. The hotkey can be changed if desired.
USING THE MINI BAR
- Select the Stop (red square) button to stop your YuJa Software Station recording.
Press the Pause (gray double bar) button to pause the YuJa Software Station. Press Play when ready to resume recording.
DELETING OR SAVING YOUR CAPTURE
- Press Delete if you don’t want to keep the file.
- Choose Save to save your capture recording to your individual folder in the Media Library.