You can drop the lowest grade or grades for categories that have multiple submissions. For example, discussion forums, homework, quizzes, and more. Before beginning, make sure you’ve created categories and have added those categories to the various activities in your course. Here’s how to drop the lowest grade in a category:
- Navigate to the full Grade Center
- Choose the chevron to edit to the Total column
- Under Select Columns choose Selected Columns and Categories
- Select the categories you wish to include in the course total and advance them to the right:
- Specify the number of low grades you wish to drop for that category.
Note: if you’ve applied weights to categories, you’ll see the option to drop grades in the same place you apply weights.