Non-University groups, including political subdivisions (i.e. North Dakota public schools) are required to furnish documentation of liability insurance. Non-University groups that are not institutions of the State must have VCSU and the State of North Dakota named as additional insured for the duration of the event. 

VCSU may waive the liability insurance requirement for nonprofit groups and small events only. For these groups, a participation waiver form may replace the liability insurance. These waiver forms must be signed by all participants and a parent or guardian if a participant is a minor. The decision to accept waivers in lieu of insurance is made by the Safety Office.

Liability Insurance Options

  • 3rd Party Certificate of Insurance
  • TULIP Coverage

What is TULIP (Tenants' and Users' Liability Insurance Policy)?

TULIP is designed for third party event who do not carry liability insurance. TULIP makes purchasing special event liability insurance easy and cost effective. 

TULIP is event-specific and can also cover vendors, performers and exhibitors, if needed. It protects both the institution user (the third party) and the institution against claims by third parties who may be injured or experience damage to property as a result of participating in an event. 

Events may range from low risk events such as classroom seminars, receptions, or weddings to high risk events including festivals and fairs, sports events, or concerts. The policy has exclusions for certain high-risk activities. 

For more information about TULIP- CLICK HERE!