Valley City State University defines an academic field trip as:
- A faculty supervised activity
- An activity that is listed in the syllabus
- Travel that is a required part of a class
- Travel that occurs outside of the regular classroom location
- A course related activity
- Travel that includes an education purpose
- The duration may be during the class period or longer
Faculty will submit AA-22 Faculty Field Trip Request Form for such activities. The form is located in BlackBoard under My Web Applications titled Field Trip Authorization V480.01.
Refer to policy V480.01 for the complete definition and procedure.