The purpose of the Student Employee of the Month program is to recognize outstanding student employees for going above and beyond, implementing a new and innovative practice, and enhancing the core values of Valley City State University. Recipients are selected by the Student Employee of the Month Committee who meet monthly to evaluate student nominations by the core values they demonstrate through their on-campus position:
- STUDENT-FOCUSED: We place students at the center of all decisions.
- INNOVATIVE: We try new things to help create the future.
- LEARNING-CENTERED: We develop and sustain a culture of lifelong learning.
- COLLABORATIVE: We work synergistically to advance our mission.
- ENGAGED: We actively participate in the collective work of the university.
Any staff or faculty member may nominate any student employee on campus - you do not need to be the student employee's direct supervisor to nominate.
To submit a nomination, fill out the Student Employee of the Month Nomination Form