The information contained in the various internet resources is NOT intended to substitute for help from a mental health professional.
Providing these links does not indicate endorsement by Counseling Services or VCSU.
For personal assistance or follow-up questions/concerns, please contact Counseling Services or click to arrange for an appointment.
- Communication (Drexel University)
- Long Distance Relationships (NDSU)
- Assertiveness (North Carolina State University)
How to Help a Friend
- Helping a Friend (Loyola University Maryland)
- 6 Signs on Facebook & Instagram That Your Friend May Be Struggling and How to Get Help - What are those signs?
Relaxation and Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation With Guided Body Relaxation (44 min) (NDSU)
- Brief mindful breathing exercise (5 min) (NDSU)
- Short Mindfulness Meditation With Guided Body Relaxation (29 min) (NDSU)
- Calm Abiding Meditation With Guided Body Relaxation (42 minutes) (NDSU)
- Short Calm Abiding Meditation With Guided Body Relaxation (25 Minutes) (NDSU)
Relaxation Resources (Loyola University Maryland)
External Site Audio Meditations
Spring Break Safety
- RAINN Spring Break Safety Tips
- Spring Break Safety Tips - Includes safety tips for hotels, ATMs, in the water, with alcohol, and more.
- Stress Responses and Gender (VCSU)
- Coping with Everyday Problems (VCSU)
- FAQ about Mental Health Following Stressful Events (flood) (VCSU)
- U of M Stress Management
- Stress (Santa Clara University)
- Student Athletes Page (University of Houston)
- Study Skills Tips (NDSU)
- Study Skills Info (Virginia Tech) - (On Virginia Tech website--see sidebar for more links on specific tips)
Transitions (Including Holidays)
- Transition Year - Login / Registration NOT required to access resources
- You CAN Go Home for the Holidays... (VCSU)
- ‘Singing the Blues’… What are the Holiday Blues and do they really exist? (VCSU)
- ULifeline - Resources for College Mental Health
VCSU is not currently listed, however, that does NOT prevent you from accessing the online materials.
- Healthy Living (University of Chicago)
- Take Control of your Time (VCSU)
- Self-Care (North Carolina State University)
- Anger & Anger Management (American Psychological Association)
- Wellness Wheel (NDSU)
- Wellness (ULifeline)
- 7 Dimensions of Wellness (Grand Rapids Community College)