Please use the Firefox browser.
- Go to the VCSU Portal (portal.vcsu.edu) and login.
- Under My Web Applications, please click on Student Assessment:
*If a student can NOT find the Student Assessment link, please email Al Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel Bopp at email@example.com. Access will be granted as soon as possible.
The Candidate Summary contains valuable information for the candidate and the candidate's advisor to see regarding the candidate's achievements and uncompleted requirements.
On the Undergraduate Forms menu, choose Candidate Summary Sheet:
- Not-Admitted: Student has not been admitted to Teacher Education.
- Admitted: Student has been admitted to Teacher Education.
- Denied: Student has been denied admission to Teacher Education.
- Inactive: Student is no longer pursuing an education degree.
Application, Advisor Approval, Speech Screening
- Yes: form has been submitted and processed.
- No: form may have been submitted but has not been processed.
First Faculty Reference, Second Faculty Reference
- Yes: form was returned by a faculty member and includes a positive recommendation.
Option 1: form has not been returned; comment box indicates that Ref 1 or 2 was sent on MM/DD/YYYY
Option 2: form was returned by faculty member and did not include a positive recommendation; comment box indicates that Ref 1 or 2: No
- 0.00 – 2.49: Candidate does not meet minimum cumulative GPA requirement.
- 2.50 – 2.74: Candidate in 2010-2012 or prior catalog meets the minimum cumulative GPA requirement. Candidate in 2012-2014 catalog or later does not meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement but the application may be considered based on guidelines available at http://www.vcsu.edu/teacher_ed/vp.htm?p=2933.
- 2.75 – 4.00: Candidate in 2012-2014 catalog or later meets the minimum cumulative GPA requirement.
Intro to Ed, Composition I, Composition II
- 0.00: Data has not been entered or student did not pass course. If student did not pass course, indicated in comment box.
- 1.00: Student will need to retake the course.
- 2.00 - 4.00: Student has met the requirement.
PPST or CORE test details
Students must meet the composite score requirement of 466 with no score being below the minimum set for each test. This is indicated with the composite score box. Test requirements are listed at www.ets.org/praxis/nd/requirements
Red = Candidate did not meet the requirements.
Green = Candidate meets the requirements and passed the test.
If an undergraduate education major has a question regarding their candidate summary, please contact Al Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-7169, OR Rachel Bopp at email@example.com or 845-7196.