You can run several types of course reports to view information about course usage and activity. You can view summaries of course usage such as which course areas are used most frequently and course access patterns for specific students.
Report data is automatically refreshed every 4 hours for all reports except activity reports. Activity data is refreshed once per day at midnight. Your institution can refresh the report data manually if needed.
About Course Report Types
To access course reports navigate to the Course Management panel and choose Evaluation, Course Reports. You can search the list of reports for keywords in the names or descriptions to find the report that generates the information you need. (Click links below to quickly navigate to the report.)
· All User Activity inside Content Areas displays a summary of all user activity inside content areas for a course. Use this report to determine which students are active in your course and which content areas they use.
· Course Activity Overview displays overall activity within a single course, sorted by student and date. Data includes the total and average time spent per active student and the total amount and type of activity each student had in the course. Optionally, you can filter the report by one or more groups. Only students who are members of the selected groups are included in report results.
· Course Coverage Report displays data on course items that have been aligned to goals.
· Course Performance displays how a single course performs against a selected set of goals.
· Overall Summary of User Activity displays user activity for all areas of your course, as well as activity dates, times, and days of the week. Use this report to view student access as well as how often course tools are used.
· Single Course User Participation Report displays the number of user submissions in your course for assignments, tests, discussions, blogs, and journals within the chosen time frame. You don't need to grade an item for data to be included in the report. The data is provided in a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet (XLS).
· Student Overview for a Single Course displays an individual student's activity within a course, sorted by date. Data includes the total overall time the student spent in the course as well as detailed information about the student's activity, such as which items and Content Areas the student accessed and the time spent on each.
· User Activity in Forums displays a summary of user activity in Discussion Board Forums for the course.
· User Activity in Groups displays a summary of user activity in Groups for the course.
If no activity exists for an item type, no column appears. If no students submitted an assignment in the chosen time frame, no assignment column appears in the spreadsheet.
Custom reports may have been developed for your institution. Contact your Blackboard Administrator for more information.
For more information / examples see the attached file.