Alternative to installing the Horizon Client
Go to https://viewconn1.vcsu.edu and select VMware Horizon HTML Access. Save your work in the Documents folder.
***Prevent Lost Files***
When using apps in the VMware Horizon Client it's important to understand where files are saved. The apps are being run on remote servers in our datacenter. You will not be connected to the same server each time and the servers are refreshed daily. Your files will be lost if you save them to the server and not to your local machine as instructed in the Configuration and Example sections below.
Before you exit an app make sure the file has been saved to your local machine.
- Go to https://mycloud.vcsu.edu
- Click Install VMware Horizon Client
- Clients are available for Mac, PC, Linux, iOS, and Android. Click Go to Downloadsfor the platform you are using.
- Click the Downloadbutton
- Run the file that was downloaded
- Click Agree & Install
Click Restart Now
After restarting, search for 'horizon' and open the VMware Horizon Client app
Double click Add Server
Enter 'mycloud.vcsu.edu' then click Connect
Enter your user name and password then click Login
The VMware Horizon Client app is now installed and connected to the VCSU Mycloud server. Next you'll configure the client.
- Open the VMware Horizon Client app and connect to mycloud.vcsu.edu if you are not already connected.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right to enter settings
- Go to Sharing on the left panel then check Share your local files. You can also check Allow access to removable storage if you want USB drives to be available to the app.
(Optional) You can create a folder on your computer and add that folder as a sharing location.
- Open the application by double clicking on it
Click File -> Save As
In the Save As dialogue make sure you select a location on your computer. This PC IS NOT your computer, it is the server. Local Disk (C:) is also on the server, not your computer. In the example below, Lonney Scherr on DESKTOP-TGAUK03 (Z:) is my computer and it is safe to store files in this location.
- After you have saved the file, and before you close the app, go to the location on your computer that you saved the file and make sure it is there!