Attached is a Fast Track Guide for getting started with VoiceThread.
Some things to know about VoiceThread:
- When creating an assignment they may be prompted to enter a minimum number of posts. We suggest using 1 or zero because if you select 3 and the student posts 2, VoiceThread shows as incomplete and faculty will have to manually enter the grade in Blackboard.
- The only grade allowed is percentage however in Blackboard's grade center faculty can convert the grade display to a raw score.
- Rubrics are not supported. You can add a rubric to the grade center column but you won't be able to use it.
- If faculty really prefer to use a rubric, I recommend not using assignment builder. In fact, you can simply add the column manually which might be easier in the end.
- Groups appear to be available in VoiceThread but they are not
- Students can use their mobile phones with VoiceThread - use Chrome to navigate to Blackboard, click the link and they will be prompted to install the necessary tools
- Students can also upload audio or video files if they otherwise experience technical difficulty
- See attached tutorial on "Embedding VoiceThread Videos in Blackboard" (document will download to your device)