We are very sorry for your loss. We will work with you to make this transition seamless. A loss of a loved one is a qualifying life event and allows 30-days (from the date of the event) for a mid-year change or addition of benefits.
Please formally notify Employee Services of the change as directed below.
- Contact HR
- Provide a copy of the death certificate to HR
- Complete a Life Change Event Form
- Make changes, or additions, to benefits within a 30-day window of the loss (see below)
Benefits to consider adding/updating and links to forms:
** Needs updated links **
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac-Flex Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage Enrollment Form
- Update Beneficiaries (most people list dependents as contingent beneficiaries)