Marital status changes include: marriage, divorce, and legal separation. We will work with you to make this transition seamless. A marital status change is a qualifying life event and allows 30-days (from the date of the event) for a mid-year change or addition of benefits.
Please formally notify Employee Services of the change as directed below.
- Contact HR
- Provide a copy of the marriage license, divorce decree, or legal separation decree to HR
- Bring in the original, new Social Security Card to HR (if changing name)
- Complete a Life Change Event Form
- Reference name change instructions (if applicable)
- Make changes, or additions, to benefits within a 30-day window of the change in marital status (see below)
Benefits to consider adding/updating and links to forms:
** Needs updated links **