Marital status changes include: marriage, divorce, and legal separation. We will work with you to make this transition seamless. A marital status change is a qualifying life event and allows 30-days (from the date of the event) for a mid-year change or addition of benefits.

Please formally notify Employee Services of the change as directed below.

  • Contact HR
  • Provide a copy of the marriage license, divorce decree, or legal separation decree to HR
  • Bring in the original, new Social Security Card to HR (if changing name)
  • Complete a Life Change Event Form
  • Reference name change instructions (if applicable)
  • Make changes, or additions, to benefits within a 30-day window of the change in marital status (see below)

Benefits to consider adding/updating and links to forms:

** Needs updated links **

  • Health Insurance
  • Dental Insurance
  • Vision Insurance
  • Aflac-Flex Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
  • Life Insurance
    • Supplemental Coverage Enrollment Form
    • Update Beneficiaries (most people list dependents as contingent beneficiaries)
  • Retirement