NExT stands for the Network for Excellence in Teaching and is a Bush Foundation sponsored initiative.
In 2009, Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM), North Dakota State University (NDSU) and Valley City State University (VCSU) were awarded a $6 million grant to collaborate for the purpose of improving our teacher education programs. The grant focuses on five pillars:
- Recruit the best and brightest candidates to teacher education
- Prepare effective teachers
- Place graduates in supportive environments
- Support graduates in their first three years in the profession
- Measure effectiveness of the initiative