Ceiling Mounted Video Camera: Classrooms and laboratories are equipped with a ceiling-mounted video camera as an alternative to a laptop webcam. The ceiling-mounted camera improves video quality and possible camera angles for classroom streaming and recording. The camera includes a remote control for quickly switching between three programmed preset positions, e.g. whiteboard, faculty at the console, or a wider view of the classroom.
- Starting the video: Video will start once a video call/capture session is opened and the camera is selected. The camera LED will illuminate when the video is streaming.
- Pan and tilt the camera using the remote control. Press once for incremental movement or press and hold for continuous pan or tilt. Caution: Do not manually rotate webcam head. Doing so may damage the unit.
- Zoom the camera up to 10X by pressing the zoom button.
- Home: Press the Home button to return to the default, out-of-box home position.
- Camera presets: You can set up to 3 preset positions. First, position the camera using the pan and tilt controls, and then press and hold one of the preset buttons for 3 seconds to save that position. You may return to your defined position at any time by pressing the preset button once. Use Preset 1 as your own defined “home” position. When the camera is reconnected to the PC, it will return to the position set in Preset 1. If no position is set for Preset 1, the camera will return to the default home position. All three presets are by default set to the out-of-box home.