Students and employees can submit their own photo to be used on their Viking ID Card by using the Transact online photo submission in eAccounts. Note that this requires a valid NDUS user account with the proper credentials (username and password). The following instructions show how to do this.
Process of submitting a photo (eAccounts website or mobile app):
Note: Access into eAccounts requires DUO multi-factor authentication. For assistance with DUO:
To get started, visit: https://vcsu-sp.transactcampus.com/eAccounts
Instructions for NON eAccounts users (if you have never signed into eAccounts):
- Log in using your NDUS credentials (and follow the DUO instructions when prompted).
- Verify Your information.
- Choose “Upload your Photo” (JPG/JPEG Only).
- Select a file/crop as needed.
- Submit your photo.
Instructions for eAccounts users (if you have previously signed into eAccounts):
- Log into eAccounts (and follow the DUO instructions when prompted).
- Select Profile.
- Select the “Click to submit a new photo” link.
- Before you are able to submit your photo, you must click to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Once you accept the Terms and Conditions, a new tab will open. Click on the cloud logo/upload link, select the photo you want to use, and click “open”.
- Repeat the step to upload a photo of your government issued ID and select Submit.
- The Student Center Information Desk will email you with approval or next steps if your photo cannot be used.
PHOTO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
We'll need a recent color photo with a plain, neutral background (white, off-white, cream, beige, light gray).
Your photo should display your head, including both face and hair, from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin, and from hairline side-to-side, similar to a driver’s license or passport. Senior/high school graduation photos are not acceptable.
Head coverings are acceptable due to religious beliefs, provided the head covering shows a full front view of the face, does not cast a shadow onto the face, shows an overall pattern in the fabric or material (not a graphic design). Adequate documentation for the person wearing a traditional facemask or veil is required.
Prescription glasses may be worn for the photo; however, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are needed for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
The key requirement for your Viking card is that the photo clearly identifies the cardholder.
Tips for submitting an acceptable photo:
- Current color photo in focus, without any added effects
- Neutral color and smooth background
- Centered and front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Proper lighting
- Eyes open and visible, looking at the camera
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so
- Photo in [jpg format size between 300KB to 2MB]
- Wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face
- Glare on glasses; closed eyes
- Eyes looking down or to either side.
- Shadows on the face
- Other visible people, pets or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions
- Group Photos
- Blurry Photos
- Black and White photos
- Photos with your hand resting on your face
- Crop off the top of your head or side angle your face
- Photos taken more than six months ago
Note: Taking a photo with most smart phones/devices works well
If you need assistance or have any questions, you can submit a support ticket at https://onestop.vcsu.edu/support/home and select "Submit a Ticket", or contact Technology Services at email@example.com or call 701-845-7340 or Toll Free at 1-800-532-8641, Ext. 37340