Students and employees can submit their own photo to be used on their Viking ID Card by using the Transact online photo submission in eAccounts. Note that this requires a valid NDUS user account with the proper credentials (username and password). The following instructions show how to do this.
Process of submitting a photo:
To get started, visit: https://vcsu-sp.transactcampus.com/eAccounts
Instructions for NON eAccounts users (if you have never signed into eAccounts):
- Log in using your NDUS credentials
- Verify Your information
- Choose “Upload your Photo” (JPG/JPEG Only)
- Select a file/crop as needed
- Submit your photo
Instructions for eAccounts users (if you have previously signed into eAccounts):
- Log into eAccounts
- Select Profile
- Select the “Click to submit a new photo” link.
- Before you are able to submit your photo, you must click to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Once you accept the Terms and Conditions, a new tab will open. Click on the cloud logo/upload link, select the photo you want to use, and click “open”.
- Repeat the step to upload a photo of your government issued ID and select Submit.
- The Student Center Information Desk will email you with approval or next steps if your photo cannot be used.
Once your photo is submitted, the Student Center Information Desk will verify your information to ensure your security. You will receive an email when your identification photo is approved.
PHOTO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
We'll need a recent color photo with a plain, neutral background (white, off-white, cream, beige, light gray).
Your photo should display your head, including both face and hair, from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin, and from hairline side-to-side, similar to a driver’s license or passport. Senior/high school graduation photos are not acceptable.
Head coverings are acceptable due to religious beliefs, provided the head covering shows a full front view of the face, does not cast a shadow onto the face, shows an overall pattern in the fabric or material (not a graphic design). Adequate documentation for the person wearing a traditional facemask or veil is required.
Prescription glasses may be worn for the photo; however, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are needed for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
The key requirement for your Viking card is that the photo clearly identifies the cardholder.
Tips for submitting an acceptable photo:
- Current color photo in focus, without any added effects
- Neutral color and smooth background
- Centered and front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Proper lighting
- Eyes open and visible, looking at the camera
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so
- Photo in [jpg format size between 300KB to 2MB]
- Wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face
- Glare on glasses; closed eyes
- Eyes looking down or to either side.
- Shadows on the face
- Other visible people, pets or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions
- Group Photos
- Blurry Photos
- Black and White photos
- Photos with your hand resting on your face
- Crop off the top of your head or side angle your face
- Photos taken more than six months ago
Note: Taking a photo with most smart phones/devices works well
If you need assistance or have any questions, you can submit a support ticket at https://onestop.vcsu.edu/support/home and select "Submit a Ticket", or contact Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-845-7340 or Toll Free at 1-800-532-8641, Ext. 37340