The Standard Long-Term Disability
The Standard Long-Term Disability benefit is for employees who are enrolled in the TIAA 401(a) main retirement plan (job bands 0000-3,0000). For more information about this program, please see the attachment below.
Filing a Claim (Process):
- A new claim can be submitted online at www.standard.com or by using the LTD claim packet: https://www.standard.com/eforms/3379.pdf.
- Instructions for completing the packet:
- Complete, sign and date the employee’s statement
- Sign and date the authorization to obtain and release information
- Send both forms directly to The Standard using the address on the claim form.
- Complete section A of the Attending Physician’s Statement. Then give the form, fraud notice and envelope to the physician and instruct physician to complete the section B and send the form directly to The Standard.
- Reach out to the Director for Human Resources to complete the Employer’s statement section.
The link to FAQ (for filing a LTD claim): https://www.standard.com/eforms/15529_136108.pdf