The following policy has been developed for Football Tailgating with Alcohol (TWA) at Valley City State University. We appreciate your cooperation in observing each of these points which are provided in the best interest of health and safety of all.
- VCSU will designate a tailgating lot. Tailgating with alcohol will be allowed only within its perimeter.
- A limited number of parking spaces will be made available and issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Some spots may be made available to reserve through the Athletic Department.
- Costs associated with reserved tailgating will be established by VCSU and VCSU Century Club and published annually.
- Rules and regulations will be established to maintain a safe, healthy, and family friendly environment.
- Tailgaters are reminded to follow all university, local, state, and federal laws/policies.
- Lot is open 3 hours before kickoff (example: Game time 1:00 TWA area open at 10:00)
- Tailgating with alcohol will end at the start of the game and be allowed at halftime. No tailgating with alcohol is allowed during the game.
- Tailgating area will be cleared out of people before kickoff of each half. Access to the tailgating area during the game is limited to getting your vehicle and leaving the premises.
- Tailgating lot closes 1 hour after the game. No alcohol is allowed in the tailgating lot during this time.
- Tailgating area will be monitored by VCSU personnel or appointee.
Rules and Regulations
- The University reserves the right to restrict any vehicle or person for any reason.
- No glass containers or cans are allowed.
- Beer kegs, party balls, and glass bottles are prohibited.
- Drinking games are prohibited and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession or consume alcohol.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed outside the tailgating area.
- Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by use of loud and/or abusive language and behavior will be asked to leave the event. Individuals may be subject to legal penalties.
- Tailgating individuals will be responsible for keeping the area clean. Trash cans will be available.
- No open flame fires, fireworks or fire pits. Propane and charcoal grills are permitted.
- Restrooms will be available.
- No retail sales allowed.
- Rules and regulations will be enforced.
Sponsored by: Vice President for Student Affairs (Dean for Student Affairs)
Effective: August 2016
Revised December 2021