Valley City State University welcomes the appropriate use of the University's facilities by outside organizations when such use does not interfere with the University's primary educational mission.

There are two categories of organizations which may request use of University facilities:

Category I: University Related

  • VCSU Departments
  • VCSU-Related Foundations
  • Recognized Student Organizations
  • Student Government
  • Residence Life
  • NDUS and other NDUS Institutions

*Category I is waived of facility rental fees and liability insurance (some 'Mandatory Service Fees' may apply- please reference 'Mandatory Fee' document).

Category II: Third Party

  • Third-party groups with no relation to VCSU and have no financial support from VCSU
  • Either for-profit or nonprofit groups, political subdivisions (i.e. North Dakota public schools)

Nonprofit groups: external group supported by local, state, or federal government; civic or charitable organizations and other government groups (ex. volunteer fire department).

* Category II groups are required to pay the facility rental fees and provide proof of liability insurance (some 'Mandatory Fees' may apply- please reference 'Mandatory Fee' doc)

*Exceptions may be made for nonprofits/ political subdivisions.

Facility rental and mandatory service fees may be waived at the the discretion of the President of the University

Approval of Use:

Category I and II groups requesting use of University facilities must complete a Special Event Approval Form and a Facility Use Agreement (filled out by Event Coordinator). The use of facilities is subject to the guidelines contained in these agreements.