Valley City State University
Financial Aid Disqualification
It is always advisable to submit an appeal as soon as possible. No appeals will be accepted after the third day of class for the appealed semester/term. All institutional charges from prior semesters must be paid in full before appeals will be considered.
First Appeal Requirements:
Submit Appeal Form via email, fax, or delivered to Financial Aid Office.
Information should be submitted to: Marcia Pritchert
Financial Aid Director
- If you are pre-registered for the appealed semester, an email or signed letter from your advisor must accompany the Appeal Form. The documentation must indicate that your enrolled credits are approved.
- If you have not pre-registered, you need to provide a proposed schedule approved and signed by your advisor.
Points to Include:
- Your information will be treated with confidentiality, so any information you provide will be protected.
- The Financial Aid Committee is concerned with what happened to get you to this point and what you will do to see this situation rehabilitated.
- If your transcript includes “Incompletes”, it is advisable that these first be completed. This will have an impact on your future consideration.
Second and/or Additional Appeals:
(this is assuming that following your last appeal, you were approved)
If it becomes necessary for you to file an additional appeal, your situation will be taken very seriously and your appeal will be very carefully reviewed.
In addition to the required Appeal documentation, you must also submit:
- A summary of your personal and academic plan for success. It should include the types of academic/personal/medical assistance you are planning to receive. Additionally, specify what has changed in your personal situation and what changes you are making in your academic/career plans.
- A copy of your upcoming academic schedule approved and signed by your academic advisor or the Director of Student Academic Services.
- A proposed enrollment plan for the next two semesters.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office: