Extended Learning/Continuing Education
Accessing VCSU Blackboard
Blackboard is our official learning management system for all online courses. In order to access any VCSU or NDUS services, you must do the following:
- Claim your ND University System Campus Connection User ID and Password information. If you have not done this, use the following link for instructions to complete this process: Claiming NDUS/Campus Connection Account.
- If you have already claimed your account but cannot remember your password, please go to https://ndus.rightanswers.com/portal/ss/ and click "I forgot my NDUS Account Password" and follow the instructions to get your password. If you are unable to reset or change your password, contact the NDUS Help Desk at 866-457-6387
- Your Blackboard username and password are the same as your NDUS/Campus Connection credentials.
To get started with VCSU online resources
Login to Blackboard Portal
- First, open a web browser. The newest version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome is recommended.
- Go to the Blackboard login page at https://bb.vcsu.edu.
- At this point, you will be at the login page. Log in with the username and password as your NDUS/Campus Connection
- Once logged into the Blackboard Portal, you should see a "Courses" tab at the top. Select the course you wish to use.
- Under your course list, you should see a course called "Online_Orientation", which you should complete to become familiar with Blackboard.
- Online courses are usually not available to students until the first day of class. Please contact your instructor if you have questions prior to that time.
- You are given a VCSU email account which is the official means of communication and should be accessed regularly for information.
- To access email, there is an "Email Web Access" button in the lower left of the Blackboard login page. If you are logged into Blackboard portal you can also access email by clicking the \'My Email\' tab at the top of the page.
- Log into your VCSU Email with the same firstname.lastname@example.org and password used for the VCSU Blackboard Portal.
- All emails sent from your online course(s) will be sent to your VCSU Email account.
- You can also access your VCSU Email at https://email.vcsu.edu.
- Campus Connection is the central information system for all North Dakota University System (NDUS) campuses, including VCSU. As noted earlier, your NDUS credentials are the same as your VCSU credentials.
- You can access the Campus Connection portal by going to: https://studentadmin.connectnd.us/psp/NDCSPRD/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG&fmode=1. This is where you view and update your personal and campus information:
- Register for Classes, View Advisor, View Grades/Unofficial Transcripts
- Manage Financial Account, View eBill, Pay account online
- View/Accept/Reject Financial Aid
- Update Addresses/Contact Information
- View Holds/Checklists
You can get help at https://onestop.vcsu.edu/support/solutions/articles/10000035076-campus-solutions-help-documents or refer to the "Welcome to Campus Connection" section in the lower right portion of the Campus Connection login page (link shown above).
VCSU Technology Services Desk for password or other technical help:
- Daytime Hours (Spring & Fall): 7:45am - 4:30pm (CST) Mon-Fri, closed holidays
- Daytime Hours (Summer): 7:30am - 4:00pm (CST) Mon-Fri, closed holidays
- Phone: 701-845-7340 or Toll Free at 1-800-532-8641, Ext. 37340
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://technologyservices.vcsu.edu
NDUS HELP DESK for AFTER HOURS:
- Phone: 1-866-HLP-NDUS (457-6387)
- Web: http://helpdesk.ndus.edu
VCSU OFFICE HOURS during the academic year: Monday-Friday 7:45am - 4:30pm (CT) - summer Monday-Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm (CT):
- Office of Graduate Studies and Research>
- Toll Free: 1-800-532-8641 ext. 37303
- Phone: 701-845-7303
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll Free: 1-800-532-8641 ext. 37295
- Phone: 701-845-7295
- Email: email@example.com
- Business Office
- Toll Free: 1-800-532-8641 ext. 37232
- Phone: 701-845-7232
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org