The Viking Card is the official identification card for all VCSU faculty, staff and students, and a whole lot more! It provides you with:
- Official VCSU identification,
- Access to authorized campus facilities such as residence halls,
- Admission to campus events such as Viking athletic contests,
- Resource checkout privileges at the library and the Information Technology Help Desk,
- Administration of paid meal plans,
Debit-card like functionality
You can use your Viking Card like a debit-card for discretionary purchases at the Business Office, the bookstore, the Viking I restaurant, the Viking Grounds (a Starbuck's Coffee shop in the VCSU Student Center), and more.
How to get your Viking Card
Stop by the Student Center information desk to get your picture taken. You'll need to have been entered into CampusConnection (our campus administrative system) in order to get your picture taken. Cards are issued at the Student Center Information Desk and they will be available when you arrive on campus immediately prior to the start of fall semester. You'll need to present a government issued photo ID when you pick up your Viking Card. The card can be used immediately.
At the Viking eAccount website
Parents and students can add value to the card at the Viking eAccount website. Students can monitor card balances and immediately disable a lost or stolen card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should I do if I lose my Viking Card?
- IMMEDIATELY report lost, found, or stolen cards to the VCSU Viking Card Office / Student Center Information Desk 701-845-7122. Users may cancel their card at the Viking eAccounts web site.
Q: Who should I contact if I have questions related to my Viking Card?
- The Viking Card Office located at the Student Center Information Desk in the Memorial Student Center will assist you in answering questions. You can go there in person, contact them by phone at (701) 845-7122, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What accounts are associated with the Viking Card and what are the differences?
- The chart below explains the features of the four Viking Card accounts: