The grade of incomplete is negotiated between instructor and student. This infrequently used option accommodates the student who was affected by conditions beyond his/her control (e.g. prolonged illness, family death) and who could not reasonably complete the course work during the term of enrollment, but who has in other respects done passing work for the semester. Whether or not a grade of I is assigned is entirely the prerogative of the course instructor. The student and instructor will develop a written contract detailing the assignments which remain to be completed and the time frame for completion.
The grade of incomplete must be removed by the tenth week of the regular semester following the term in which it was reported. If the deficiency is not made up within the specified time, the incomplete will revert to the grade earned at the time the incomplete was negotiated. The instructor may request an extension of the time period by emailing the Office of the Registrar.
The instructor will enter an Incomplete “I” grade on their Final Grade Roster in Campus Connection.
The instructor will complete an AA-35i Contract for Incomplete ("I") Grade form for each “I” grade.
The AA-35i Contract for Incomplete (“I”) Grade basically functions as two separate forms:
- The top half of this form is the Contract for Incomplete Grade, which is completed by the instructor and approved the department chair. At this point, the form should be kept in the Academic Department. The Registrar’s Office does not need a copy of the completed contract at the student/instructor agreement phase.
- The bottom half of this form is the Removal of Incomplete Grade, which is approved by the department chair after the instructor determines a final grade. At this point, the department chair will move the approved form into the Grade Change-Incomplete Removal channel in APAC teams. The form will be scanned for Vice President of Academic Affairs approval before the incomplete grade is removed in Campus Connection.
An Incomplete Contract checklist will be emailed to the respective Department Chairs within one week of the final grade deadline each semester.
For Fall incomplete grades,
- instructors and students will receive an email reminder during the 6th week of Spring semester
- instructors will receive an additional email reminder during the 9th week of Spring semester
- removals or extensions are due in Registrar’s Office during the 11th week of Spring semester
For Spring and Summer incomplete grades,
- instructors and students will receive an email reminder during the 6th week of Fall semester
- instructors will receive an additional email reminder during the 9th week of Fall semester
- removals or extensions are due in Registrar’s Office during the 11th week of Fall semester