Set-up for Android Users
NOTE: Your Android phone must be version 6.0 or later and an NFC enabled device capable of supporting Google Play or Samsung Play.
Setting Up Mobile ID on Android
- Enable NFC on your phone in your Settings menu. NFC settings can be found in different areas of the Settings menu, depending on your device. A common location is Connected Devices>Connection Settings. (If not found there, use the Search option on the top right to double check.)
- Toggle the NFC setting to On.
- Open Google Play and make sure it is enabled as the default payment application. If the app prompts you to add a credit card, you can bypass that screen and return to the Google Play home screen.
- Download the Transact eAccounts Mobile app from the Google Play Store to your phone.
- Open Transact eAccounts, click through the startup screens and tap Get Started.
- Search for VCSU and click through to the Viking ID login screen.
- Enter your username/password to authenticate your device. If you have not set up your account, please see Photo Submission/Preparation.
- Once you have successfully authenticated in eAccounts, click the Add to Google Pay button to add your Viking ID to Google Pay.
a. Continue through the prompts (Next, Accept the VCSU Terms & Conditions).
b. Next, Accept the Google Pay Terms of Service.
c. The next screen will confirm that the ID has been added to Google Pay.
Once you have completed the Mobile Credential setup on your device, you can use it in place of your physical Viking Card.
If you have problems trying to set up the Mobile ID, see the following article: Viking Mobile ID Setup Problems
NOTE: If you keep your Transact eAccounts app open on your phone, it will prevent having to sign in to your phone when using it for door access, meal purchase, etc.